Namor the First Marvel
To permanently save this episode's MP3 file to your computer or other listening devices, right-click the link below to bring up sub-menu and select “Save Target/Link As...” Pick where you want it to save to, and you're set.
Face Front, True Believers! It's our double-sized debut edition of The Marvel Super Heroes Podcast, featuring the very first Marvel character, Namor the Sub-Mariner! We'll also be looking at Marvel NOW! announcements, the cartoon from which the podcast takes its name, and Entertainment Weekly's Comic-Con 2014 special's early photos from the future blockbuster film Avengers: Age of Ultron! Fasten your seat belt, faithful friends, for Diabolu Frank, Illegal Machine and Mister Fixit are the madmen at the wheel! Note: We like our language NSFW salty, and there be spoilers here...
- 00:30 Our chromium collector's special starts with the hosts' personal experience with the Prince of the Blood. Episode art tumblr here.
- 06:44 The View and fear of a menstruating Thor. More here.
- 13:36 The Avenging Son under withering criticism. 18:30 The Superior Iron Man NOW! More here.
- 20:12 Fearsome berth of the Sub-Mariner! The origin story synopsis & commentary.
- 28:06 The Falcon takes over as Captain America NOW! More here.
- 30:40 Time for school! Learn the basics about Namor writer/artist/creator Bill Everett and the pre-history of Marvel Comics.
- 35:27 2014 Avengers NOW! More here.
- 40:43 The Marvel Super Heroes TV show 101, plus our review of Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner Episode One- "Peril in the Surface World"/ "So Spreads the Net" / "The Unveiling"
- 46:16 Thoughts on EW's Avengers: Age of Ultron pics. More here.
- 50:09 The Sub-Mariner's future in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? More here.
- 53:16 Frank's final thoughts on Namor and looking forward to further episodes, including the subject for next week. Jump to 57:14 for the Marvel Mail Bag, where we respond to (we hope!) every single comment left by listeners of our #0 introductory podcast.
As you can tell, we love a fierce conversation and a pretty picture, so why don't you socialize with us, either by leaving a comment on this page or...